January 20, 2012

Blog-Lift & 2012 Thoughts

I admit, I didn't want to post again until I had some time to actually get my blog looking more presentable and less like the writing on a cement wall in a prison cell. So, BAM - here it is in all of its yellow glory. Who knew that I liked yellow? I didn't know...until I started looking at templates and this one seemed to be the perfect match of cute and clean to me. I hope you enjoy it. =)

Since it is January, I think I will start off with a list of things that I am looking forward to/hoping for/dreaming of for 2012:

1. I am hoping to continue to be a better friend. It has taken me a long time
(30 yrs, really) to not only realize what I did badly in friendships,but also
to know what I expect out of them. I no longer dedicate time and effort to
people who don't deserve it. I no longer hold on to past friendships in
hopes that they will be what they once were and instead just accept what
they have become. I no longer try to get points across in a very passive-
aggressive way...I am direct. I cherish the friends who are there for me
and who allow me to be there for them. I've learned a lot, and I'm still
learning

2. I am looking forward to Chris getting Lasik eye surgery (my b-day present to him). He has been dependent on glasses/contacts to do ANYTHING for most of his life, so I know this is going to be very exciting for him. Those of you who know Chris know he doesn't get really excited about much besides the Razorbacks, so I can't wait to see his smile when he wakes up in the morning and rolls over and can actually SEE my face. Oh...wait...maybe the fact that he can't currently is why our marriage is so good? Blerg....

3. I am looking forward to our beach house! A group of about 8 of us have a beach trip planned for late April, and I am already counting down the days! I'm going with my favorite people in the world, so I couldn't be happier. Should be a very relaxing and fun trip

4. I know you are going to laugh, but I'm super excited about a few TV shows that are coming back soon, and some movies that I expect to see this year. For example, I haven't seen the last season of either Weeds or Dexter, but they will come out on DVD this year and I will get to catch-up. I also plan on catching up on True Blood (Season 3 forward) and I REALLY want to start watching Shameless. This week, my favorite reality show ever....The Real World/Road Rules challenge...starts. I've never missed an episode. And Big Brother will be back this Summer. Sa-weet!

5. My biggest dream for 2012, of course, is to have a lil Hottinger. I have always wanted kids (several, much to my husband's chagrin) and have waited a really long time to start trying. Chris and I wanted to enjoy each other and have some time to ourselves before bringing a child into the mix (we've had 9 years now). We also wanted to be able to afford for one of us to stay home with the babies, which has only been a reality for the past year and a half or so. Everyone says that you are never ready....but we are. We have been. And frankly I'm getting impatient. 2012 seems like the perfect year to have a baby to me!

So yeah, 2012 could be a great year! Here's to relationships, vacations, hobbies and baby-making!!

Cheers...

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Cheers! Look. It's letting me comment! I hope your 2012 "dreams" come true. Good luck Jen! And I like yellow. It is a happy color!

Jen Hottinger said...

Thanks, Mel! You are my first comment...cheers to that as well!

Cherron said...

I'm so excited that you are doing this. I think blogs can be great therapy. :)

I smiled when I read about your hope for Chris to smile at you after seeing your face in the morning.

And I'm hoping that 2012 is a baby making year for you guys! It will be a fantastic year for you, I know.

AJ said...

Sounds like you are really on the ball!
AND I love all those friggin shows!
Except reality tv, can't do it. :)
Glad you're going to continue your blog!