January 24, 2012

Weekend Review

I'll start with Thursday, because that's when I went with my friend Mel and saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Have any of you out there read these books/seen the Swedish versions of these movies? OMG- so good! I'm an avid reader- generally about a book a week (although since I got an iPad several months ago I find myself playing games and searching the internet instead...I need to get better). I'll admit, though, that I had a hard time getting into the first book. There is a LOT of detailed background in the first few chapters, but if you can push through those it is totally worth it. And then you can't stop until you finish the series...or at least I couldn't. The Swedish films were outstanding and very true to the book. I didn't know if I'd like the American version (mainly because the book is harsh in certain areas and needs a movie to do it justice in that respect for the storyline/character development in my mind), but I was impressed. Good flick.

I have no idea what I did on Friday night...how awful is that? Saturday was eventful, though. I cleaned the house, and around 4:30pm the Maloneys came over to drop off my two favorite girls in the world. I offered to keep the girls overnight so that Hay (BFF) and her hubby could have a date night and relax on Sunday. I also did it because I have so much fun with these girls that I would rather have them with me than not! They are funny...smart...loving...and EASY. Seriously, they are a 'routine' family and it totally works for these kiddos. The youngest, Millie, has an amazing nap/nightime routine that makes putting her to bed so easy. After dinner, Millie gets a bath and gets to play a while. Then...between like 8:30-9:00 (normally) she gets a lovie (tiny, cute blankets with ribbon that Hayley makes) and her paci and you read a book....and then you tell her it's night night time. You then go lay her down and she totally puts herself to sleep! No joke. She doesn't even want read to or anything anymore...she just knows it's time to sleep. It's amazing...and she does the same thing at nap time. It's crazy! And both Millie and Saylor (aren't those great names?) wake up happy and loving and sweet....love these girls so much.

So after an eventful Saturday night of playing with some friends and dancing on the Kinect and what-not, we all crashed out. I woke up at 7:30 expecting the girls to get me up any minute, but they slept in til 9:30am! Another reason I love them! LOL. We made cupcakes (Saylor got a cake-maker for x-mas, equipped with all kinds of icing tools and everything)....we played hide and seek for at least an hour...we took Barley and Suka to the dog park....we played a lot...it was lots of fun. And Uncle Chris was a big help all day as well, letting the girls climb all over him and helping them with games/etc. We finished up the evening with our weekly Sunday dinner at the Maloney's house. Good times.

This week has been crazy so far, as I had a HUGE meeting with my #1 customer today and spent all day yesterday/today finalizing some pricing/presentations/etc. I'll post some details about all that later....

Until next time, enjoy some photos of who I talked about today. At the top are my doggies, Suka and Barley. Suka is the black/white female on the left, and Barley is the red/white male on the right. Suka is 5 and Barley is 4...and they are my babies. Millie is the grinning toddler, and Saylor is the one on skates.





1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds super fabulous!