February 7, 2012

Let's see if this thing works....

Today is day 5 of taking Clomid- the last day. I'm sure many of you (especially you, TJ...and you, Brad) are curious about what clomid is (is it a shot? a pill? a kick in the ass?), so Dr. Hottinger is here to tell you everything I know so far.

My vast google research says that...pretty much...clomid is a pill that induces egg production. It comes in a small, white pill (see below) that you are suppose to take at the same time every day for 5 days. Most women start taking their dosage on day 3-5 of their menstrual cycle. If everything works like it is suppose to and you are someone close to the 'norm,' then you should ovulate about 2-7 days after finishing your 5th clomid pill. I have been very lucky so far in that I have not felt any of the side-effects that many of my friends warned me about- hot flashes...tenderness...pain during sex....severe cramps...etc. Lucky me.

So yes, let's see if this thing works!

On top of taking clomid now, I'm still taking my prenatals (I buy the gummy vitamins- love them) and my iron supplement as well. I've been on the prenatals/iron for about 14 months now and although I have been surrounded by sick people VERY often, I have been very lucky as far as my health goes. I blame it on the prenatals.

I'm leaving town today (in about an hour) and will get back on Sunday. More on that later...



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Good luck with the Clomid! I guess that means that you finally ovulated. It took awhile for me before the hot flashes began. Not that you will get them, but just as an FYI.