April 6, 2012

F is for...Freakin' Idiot!

Bobby Petrino is a freakin' idiot! My husband says he's a great coach and has done a lot for Razorback athletics (and I agree, although my knowledge base on this subject is very limited)....but I just wonder how someone who is suppose to be so smart can be so dumb.

I'm not saying he's an idiot because he was cheating on his wife. I don't believe it's morally right to sleep with anyone when you are married (even if you are separated..you are still married), but that's between him and those close to him. I don't want cheating in or surrounding MY life....but as long as it's not around me I don't really care. Petrino is our football coach, not our high priest. And people make mistakes.

That being said, what really rubs me the wrong way is the situation surrounding the girl he was caught with- Jessica Dorrell. From what I've read, she was riding around with him on his motorcycle less than a WEEK after she was hired to work directly for him (in a role that had previously only been filled by males). One could easily deduce that the inappropriate relationship between Dorrell and Petrino started prior to her being hired for that job. This opens up a whole can of worms for the AD to deal with. Was she hired because of this relationship? Were other people NOT hired because of this relationship (and thus will come forward with lawsuits)? Was she even qualified for this job? What a mess. And before anyone says "no proof that they were having an affair has been given," just realize that Petrino issued a statement last night...and if he was NOT having an affair with this chick, he sure as hell would have specified that due to all of the immediately speculation surrounding the police report.

So why is Petrino a freakin' idiot? Here are my top three reasons:

1. He started an affair with an engaged woman (the fiance also works on campus, btw) and then hired said woman to work directly for him

2. He then...knowing he is one of the most recongnizable men in the Fayetteville (or the whole state of AR, really)....decided to take a joy ride with said woman

3. He lied. People do this all the time, but when you are a public figure and you tell the cops one thing and the Razorback Nation another, you have to realize the truth is going to come out.

So yes, I am very disappointed in Petrino for just being dumb. I'm really torn on what will happen. On one hand, I want to say that there is no way that the U of A will let Petrino go due to his record and the promise of a great season...but on the other hand, the legality behind the hiring of Dorrell (and possible discrimination vs other applicants) is a big deal. I'm hoping that he doesn't get fired...but I'm afraid he will. Fingers crossed.

You know who I feel sorry for throughout this entire hot mess? Dorrell's fiance. Poor guy! He went from being a happily engaged guy, to seeing his fiance's picture with a scarlett A all over it put all over the internet and television. How heart breaking and embarrassing. I hope he told her to take a hike.

And here's the lovely couple themselves....


No comments: