April 3, 2012

D is for Diagnosis

Well, my Pawpa had some tests done last week and the results are in....Prostate Cancer.

I.HATE.CANCER.

Many people live a long time after a cancer diagnosis, I know, but my Pawpa is not in any sort of shape to be able to be very aggressive in treatment. He's already weak....he's already on probably 25 different medications....and he lives in a small town with crap doctors and facilities (trust me, I learned this when Grandma got cancer). On top of that, I don't think there is any way we can talk him into coming to AR and letting us take care of him and fight this...

I'm suppose to get more information today regarding how advanced it is and next steps.

Cancer sucks.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry Jen. My grandpa died of cancer. It definitely sucks.

Holly Brooke Tolbert said...

I am so sorry Jen, praying for you.