March 30, 2012

Doc Appointment #572

I had my monthly follow-up with Dr. Pappas this morning, and it went well. Here's a recap of my last few weeks as far as baby-making goes:

- Day one of my cycle was March 10th. I only had some light spotting for one day, so I thought that was weird.

- I took 100mg of Clomid on day 3 - 7

- I was hoping to have a +OPT on day 10 since I had to travel for work, but that didn't happen. I ended up testing positive on Friday the 23rd (day 14)...and I was in Dallas (without Chris)!! I was so irritated. Anyway, I got home Sunday and Chris and I 'concentrated relations' for a few days in hopes of still catching this cycle. It'll be close. =(

- Three days after the +OPT I started the Progesterone suppository. It isn't as bad as I thought, thankfully

- Yesterday I went in and had blood work done to test my progesterone levels

This brings me to today and my meeting with the doc. I go in monthly to discuss what we are doing/where we are at/what days things are happening/next steps/etc...and this appointment was no different. After going through the last few week's details, we reviewed my blood work...and it was awesome. =) My progesterone level was a 10, which he said is excellent. Yay! Meds are doing their job! So, next steps:

- There is a chance we caught the timing this month and could be pregnant. I'll go in next Friday, April 6th for a test

- If I'm pregnant, YAY! I'll continue the progesterone for 12 weeks and go from there

- If I'm not pregnant, I will discontinue use of the progesterone so that my body will have a period and we'll start the cycle all over

Dr. P also asked me if I want to try IUI this next cycle if I'm not pregnant or if I want to give it one last 'natural' try. IUI stands for intrauterine insemination...which is pretty much where the doctor injects the sperm into my uterus so that it is all right there as soon as the egg is released. I'm leaning towards going ahead and going with the IUI....I just want to be as aggressive as possible. We shall see.

That's pretty much it! I'll continue on with the progesterone for the next week, then I'll test and go from there. Fingers crossed....

Have a great weekend! MUAH!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You know I did several IUIs. They can be somewhat painful, but not terrible. Hopefully you won't need it!!!! Good luck!

AJ said...

This is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Praying!!

Cherron said...

Whoo hoo! I'm crossing my fingers!!!!!