March 15, 2012

A is for Anderson

So I have a few friends who blog who have done this whole alphabet game on their blogs- where you start with A and go through the alphabet, assigning a word to each letter and explaining why. Often during the week I find that I want to blog, but don't have time to REALLY get into anything.... so I think this will be fun. Plus, I'll have updates more often, which should be fun for you, too. =)

Obviously, A is for Anderson! I grew up as Jennifer Lynn Anderson, and when I got married I changed my name to Jennifer Anderson Hottinger. I just couldn't get rid of my maiden name! A few reasons I love it:

- I was always in the front of lines/called first or second/etc in school. I have never had much patience, so having a last name that started with A was helpful. ;)

- I played sports, so a lot of people actually called me Anderson on a regular basis. As a girl named Jennifer growing up in the 80s, it was kind of nice to be called a name that didn't have 5 other girls in the room responding!

- My grandpa Anderson was awesome...and the name always makes me think of him

- I had a group of friends at RHS who (unbeknowngst to me) decided to form a sort of 'fan club' for me for volleyball (I was pretty good, I admit). They made t-shirts and everything...and the front said ANDERSON 3:16. It was a play off of the wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin (who had a catchphrase of Austin 3:16)....I guess because they thought I was a powerhouse? LOL. I thought it was hilarious...and awesome...until my coach saw the shirts at the game and gave me the whole "there is no I in team" speech. Anyway, I got two of these shirts eventually, and now I have one on my t-shirt quilt to remind me of the good ole' days (and I still wear the other one to bed). =)

So yes, I love the name Anderson. In fact, if we ever have a little boy...

2 comments:

pucknation said...

I need that t-shirt. Please and thank you...

Melissa said...

I had no idea! Too cool. I was also an "early alphabet" person - Belden - and I loved it. Now I'm at the end - I am not a big fan of that (although I love the Randall K).