April 20, 2012

J is for Jams

Oh hot damn...this is my jam
Keep me partyin' to the A.M.
Y'all don't understand
Make me throw my hands in the
ayer, ay, ayer, ayer, ay ayer.

Sorry, I thought the word' jam' and that song popped into my head. =)

One of my top three 'loves' in life is music. I love how it can change a mood...take you back to a certain person or place or time in your life the minute you hear it (or even think it). I love how it makes me dance. I love hearing people sing, even if they aren't that good. I REALLY love hearing little kids sing...it's precious. I.Love.Music.

Some major music moments in my life:

1. I grew up listening to oldies music with my dad. It's really all I was allowed to listen to, so I loved it. A few I think
specifically- Hit the Road,Jack/Bye-Bye Love/The Lion Sleeps Tonight/Runaway/Stay Just a Little Bit Longer/Come and Go w/ Me

2. The first time I remember REALLY getting into music was in the 9th grade. It all started with Green Day and Weezer

3. When I was a senior in HS and into college I really started developing an eclectic music collection. I found myself really like
some heavier music (such as System of a Down/SevenDust/Tool), but I also found myself very drawn to jam bands, such as Phish,
The Grateful Dead, Widespread Panic, etc.

4. At some point I developed a love of rap music as well. Not all rap music..mainly Dre and Snoop. I heart them.

Nowadays I listen to everything and anything, honestly. Just for fun, here are a few of the bands I've seen live (I can't remember them all, so we'll just list what comes to mind): Phish, Dave Matthews, Foo Fighters, Weezer, Tenacious D, Janes Addiction, Tool, Guster, Fiona Apple, WallFlowers, Snoop Dogg, 311, Santigold, Cake, Modest Mouse, Afroman, Blues Traveler, Ben Harper, Young the Giant, GroupLove, Band of Horses, Depeche Mode, System of a Down, Incubus, Widespread Panic, Violent Flemmes, Alvin Youngblood Hart, Ben Folds Five, Cold War Kids, The Flaming Lips, G Love, Gorillaz, Pavement, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Train, The Black Crows...that's all I can think of right now. It's a lot to me, probably not to a lot of people, but to me. And a few of those I've seen several times because I'm obsessed. =)

So yes, J is for Jams....

No comments: